35年 変わらぬ友情

500号記念投稿(その1)

マツザキ・ハジメとは35年近い付き合いで、仕事の同僚そして友人として、私の人生の半分近くを占めている。
 私たちは、師匠であるテッド・ウィールライト〔故シドニー大学准教授〕の適切な引き合わせと助言によって一緒に仕事をすることになり、私の日本に対する理解と彼のオーストラリアに対する理解を深めることができた。

それに加えて、彼は私を彼の家族、特に彼の親愛なる母親に引き合わせてくれ、私の母がそうしたように、息子として扱ってくれた。

私たちは、日本とオーストラリアで仕事と私生活の両方で数多くの経験をしただけでなく、世界ことにアジアの各地に足を伸ばした。

私たちが連れ立って旅をしたハイライトは、神の宿る地たる、ヒマラヤを幾度も訪れたことだ。

私はハジメの中に、さまざまな生き方をする人々に対する深い関心と心配りを見た。

ハジメと二人三脚で仕事をする中で、私は日本人の優れた面を学んだ。忍耐力、信頼性、徹底した長い視野。

70代になった今(彼は私の7年先輩)、私たちの友情は変わらず強く続いている。

大海に向かう川の流れのように、ゆっくりと、深く。

アブラハム・デイビッド 日本の秋田にて  31/08/2024

【以下はオリジナル投稿文】

I have known Matsuzaki Hajime for nearly 35 years, almost half my life. As both a work partner and a friend.
 Ted Wheelwright our teacher brought us together with his good advice we decided to work together deepening both my understanding of Japan and his of Australia.

Added to this he brought me into his family especially his dear mother who treated me as a son, as my mother treated him.

Beside many many experiences both business and personal in Japan and Australia we ventured to many parts of the world especially in Asia.

The highlight of our travels together was our many visits to the Himalayas trekking many times into the ABODE OF THE GODS

I saw in Hajime a deep interest and concern for people in their various ways of living always offering respect and understanding

While working with Hajime on our business together i learnt some of the best aspects of Japanese. Patience, reliability, and thoroughness, with a long view.

Now in our 70s (he is my senior by 7 years) our friendship continues as strong as ever.

Like a river heading towards the ocean slower but deeper.

Abraham David, Akita Japan, 31/08/2024  

Bookmark the permalink.